7 Road trip travel tips and essentials
Planning a getaway that involves driving instead of flying? Sometimes, a road-trip to experience the sights is a lot more enticing than spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for a plane ticket. Here are a few tips and travel must-haves we recommend bringing along with you so you’ll be prepared for every situation on your long, epic road trip adventure!
- Car Emergency Kit ($24.49, Amazon)- Need a jump? Or fix a few minor problems while on the road? This vehicle emergency kit has all the tools you need.
- Medicine or Emergency Kit ($26.99, Amazon)- Headache? Tummy ache? Got a knee scrape on an outdoor excursion? The emergency kit will come in handy for life’s little speed bumps.
- Utility Flashlight ($5.78, Lowe’s)- Perfect for camping, hiking, or checking things out in and under your car. Large utility flashlights are great to have on hand whether you’re on a road trip or not.
- Back-up Directions - Just in case your you enter a dead zone and turn-by-turn navigation halts, print out the directions beforehand or take a screenshot of them.
- Rooftop Cargo Carrier ($69.95, Home Depot)- Store larger items in a rooftop cargo bag and free up space inside your car for more comfort for those long hours on the road.
- Portable Toilet Bucket ($24.99, Walmart) & Toilet Waste Bags ($11.97, Walmart)- When you’re in the middle of nowhere and you feel the movement in your bowels, you just gotta go! It’s not the prettiest thing, but it’s a handy emergency-only item. Toilet paper dispenser is a major plus! Don’t forget a pack of these for easy clean up, too!
- Food & Clean Up Items (snacks, trashbags, wipes and sanitizer)- Last but not least, pack your favorite snacks, water, and maybe some energy drinks for extra long or overnight drives! Don’t forget clean up items, too, to keep your hands clean and to wipe up spills with ease.